- ProAm Champions Ltd is committed to implementing equality practices in all areas of its work and is opposed to all forms of discrimination. Furthermore, we aim to create a culture that respects and values the differences between individuals.
1.2 ProAm Champions Ltd seeks to promote the principles of equality and diversity and recognises that everyone has a right to their distinctive and diverse identity.
1.3 ProAm Champions Ltd aims to ensure that no person(s) in receipt of our services receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, age, gender, disability, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religious belief or caring status.
1.4 The purpose of this policy is to continue to meet and exceed our legal obligations under the Equality Act 2010 to create a non-discriminatory environment and promote equality of opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination on any grounds including age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, including ethnicity and national origin, religion or belief, gender and sexual orientation.
- Policy Statement
2.1 ProAm Champions Ltd recognises that the provision of equal opportunities in the dance industry is not only good management practice; it also makes sound business sense.
2.2 ProAm Champions Ltd recognises the impact inequality and discrimination can have on everyone including consumers and stakeholders.
- The objectives of the Equal Opportunities Policy are therefore to:
- Work towards the elimination of discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the grounds of race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, religion and caring status;
- Prevent occurrences of unlawful direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- Encourage involvement at all levels within ProAm Champions Ltd to promote equal opportunities;
- Provide a supportive, open environment where all employees have the opportunity to develop to their full potential;
- Ensure the talents and resources of the workforce direct or indirect are utilised fully to maximise the efficiency of ProAm Champions Ltd
- Provide employees with a mechanism to raise concerns if they feel they have witnessed or experienced discrimination;
- To promote equality of opportunity across the ProAm Champions Ltd
- ProAm Champions Ltd will ensure that employees and/or those involved in providing a service on our behalf will be aware of, and conform with, our commitment to the principles of equality and diversity.
4.1 Who the Policy applies to
The Equal Opportunities Policy applies to:
- Employees/ Agency Workers
- Dancers, Members, Adjudicators, Promoters, Chairpersons, Executive Committee, Committees, and Honourees
- Contractors or service providers delivering services, (or acting on), on behalf of ProAm Champions Ltd
4.2 Roles and Responsibilities
For ProAm Champions Ltd Equal Opportunities Policy to be effectively implemented there are a number of key points:
- Support the implementation of the Equal Opportunities Policy;
- Ensure that the Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to within their area of responsibility at all times;
- Seek to actively promote equality of opportunity;
- Foster a culture in which the objectives of the Equal Opportunities Policy are regarded as an integral part of the operating environment.
- Any member who is found to be in breach of the ProAm Champions Ltd Equal Opportunities Policy will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Contractors or service providers, including volunteers, acting on behalf of the ProAm Champions Ltd will:
- Be required to abide by the Equal Opportunities Policy at all times;
- Not harass abuse or intimidate others on account of their race, creed, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
5.1 In order to implement the Equal Opportunities Policy ProAm Champions Ltd shall:
- Issue a copy of the Equal Opportunities Policy to all members as part of the induction process;
- Provide equality training and guidance, as appropriate, for all members;
- Ensure that all those who are involved in the recruitment and selection of staff receive appropriate training before participating in any recruitment process and attend refresher training as appropriate;
- Ensure all contractors, or service providers, acting on behalf of ProAm Champions Ltd, are provided with a copy of the Equal opportunities Policy;
- Obtain a commitment from all contractors, or service providers, acting on behalf of ProAm Champions Ltd, that they will comply with the Equal Opportunities Policy in their dealings with ProAm Champions Ltd
- Complaints Procedure
6.1 All Complaints should be sent to ProAm Champions Ltd, via email or post and complaints will be duly treated seriously, promptly and confidentially, in line with ProAm Champions Ltd policy. Every effort will be made to ensure that an individual who makes a complaint will be protected from reprisals or victimisation.
If ProAm Champions Ltd is made aware that anyone acting on its behalf has acted inappropriately be it through the use of unsuitable or inappropriate language or behaviour, then this will be rigorously investigated and if the complaint is substantiated appropriate action will be taken.